CAMA, working on behalf of physicians engaged in the practice of aviation medicine aims to:
- To promote the best methodology for assessment of the mental and physical requirements for civil aviation pilots.
- To actively enlarge our scientific knowledge.
- To advocate, through continuing education, both basic and advanced civil aeromedical knowledge.
- To promote professional fellowship among our colleagues from allied scientific disciplines.
- To bind together all civil aviation medical examiners into an effective, active medical body to promote aviation safety for the good of the public.
CAMA Concludes Successful 2013 Annual Scientific & Educational Meeting
A nearly record number of flight physicians and other health care administrators and support staff attended the 2013 version of the CAMA Annual Scientific and Educational Session held September 26-28 in Orlando. Updates were heard from the FAA Federal Air Surgeon Fred Tilton as well as the Manager of FAA Educational Programs, Dr. Brian Pinkston. Educational sessions varied from topics on cardiovascular assessments, to addictionology, to an engaging talk on various topic in the field of Infectious Diseases.
The Board of Directors witnessed the passing of the gavel to new CAMA President Mark Eidsen who will now serve until 2015. Dr. Clayton Cowl was named President-Elect.
Current CAMA Newsletter (Flight Physician) Now Available